3.05.2007

Year Starter

03012007
17:37


I have left everyone (who bothers to read my blog) hanging with my previous entry. I apologize for not updating… There were so many times and instances that I wished to write… for the sake of informing friends, to release pent up emotions, to share whatever… but, I didn’t even have the time to write or type it in draft.

As I have come to realize much too often, time can be a brutal nemesis in the race called life. Just when you think that you’re meters ahead and comfortably pause to catch your breath, before you even look up, it has passed you by. Time stops for nothing, for no one. It’s my constant struggle to catch up.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Here are snippets of what has happened and what is happening with my life:

2006 was a good year for me. It was difficult but I could now say that I have regained footing. With the closure of lots of things, I can now say that I’m ready to face a brighter future.

The year closed with a series of momentous events. 5 of my friends got married in December including my best friend in high school and my bessy (both coming from long term relationships). Although I haven’t got lengthy updates from them after their weddings, I’m sure all of them are enjoying their married lives.

* * * * * * * * * * *

My family started 2007 with a new experience. Instead of spending on fireworks that would expire in a few minutes, we decided to check in a hotel and view the fireworks from neighboring sites. The experience was great and the hangover brunch buffet the next day was greater!

Thanks to the spill over of orders from our mini-baking business, I was able to comply with the last payment of my HSBC, registered my car on time, renew my Wheelers application and spent a little on my wants! It was indeed a great start for 2007!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

February was a mix of sorts. One of the reasons that pushed me to get back to blogging was the very unfortunate passing away of a close friend from college. His death brought sound to the suppressed clanging of wanting to renew past relationships. It was sad that it had to be this to make me put my relationships in top priority. Well, it has always been but now, there’s more meaning and more feeling to it.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

For Valentine’s we were supposed to go on a cruise to Palawan. Due to unfortunate events, we ended up in Puerto Galera. I guess this marks our annual visit to White Beach which wasn’t at all bad. We discovered that Feb. was a great month to be here. It wasn’t crowded like during the summer season. Since it still wasn’t peak season, prices were still low in terms of accommodation. Water was cold but the sun was out during the day time and that was enough for me. We tried something new too… for a few extra pesos, we went island hopping and snorkeling. We were supposed to go trekking but again time caught up with us and pushed us to postpone the trek for next time. Good thing coz’ there’s always next time for Puerto Galera!

* * * * * * * * * *

On the boat to White Beach, I met Janelle (not her real name of course). Thinking that I was a foreigner (because of the color of my skin) like herself, she introduced herself and her cousins and after a henna tattoo session and a lousy strawberry shake and the complicated conversation (she’s Korean and travels around with an electronic dictionary… go figure) in between, we’re now friends… as plain as that!

I don’t mind trying to figure out that she’s asking me if I’ve been to Korea from all her gestures or wait up for her to type in, search the translation and listen to her electronic dictionary for the pronunciation of “foreigner”. I believe that communication shouldn’t be a barrier to be friends with anybody. Janelle is a nice person, trusting, friendly and willing. There’s nothing really wrong when somebody extends out a hand and you take it. I’m old enough to be friends with complete strangers and it has taken a few stumbles for me to know when to draw the line. In Janelle’s case, so far, so good… we’re actually having dinner tonight!

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now that March is starting, we’ve got loads of activities ahead of us. Hopefully, our trip to Palawan pushes through this month. It’s going to be my first time for both the cruise and Palawan. I’m really really excited!!! I was also able to finally install The Sims 2 in my notebook (yeah yeah… scoff at me but what can I do? I’m addicted!) (No) thanks to my annual check-up,