3.31.2008

To Bora and Beyond

03.28.2008
17:49
Ofc

As I wait impatiently for the clock to tick 18:00… I get excited with the thought of our upcoming family trip to Bora. After the back and forth calls and e-mails to our contact for accommodations, the countless internet hours for rush booking flights, the numerous excel sheets and computations for the gruesome budgeting… it’s final… WE ARE GOING TO BORACAY!!!

This trip is going to be our family vacation this summer. It has been a long time since we, the immediate family, got together for an out-of-town trip. My sister whose schedule has been chaotic ever since her ‘Inggo’ days until now that she’s so busy with college life; my brother who’s constantly battling with the toxicity of med school; my mom whose only rest days, are… um.. none (that is, before her retirement), and I with the irregularity of work schedule; we’ve all got together, with the corresponding better halfs (excuse me, mom), and decided that whatever happens, we have to go somewhere (a.k.a. Boracay) on the first week of April. If the trip doesn’t push through on this date, the postponement will be indefinite! So, after pulling all kinds of ends, we’re finally going.

A major concern for Boracay goers apart from the budget is the “physical preps”. I even know someone who enrolled in a gym to get his bod ready. I wish I had prepared too… but, who cares! I’ll be with my family, some of my dear friends will be there, I’ll be with my teddy… with the sand, the sun and the sea… what more can I care about. (Besides, if some girls who are as um…curvy (ßthis is used quite relatively), as me can sport themselves in two piece string bikinis, I can get away with my own version of 2 piece (tankini, that is). A, heck! I couldn’t care less. I have resolved to having ultimate fun in Boracay whatever happens. More on the bora trip when I come back!!!

No comments: