5.02.2006

Blogger (n.)

05.02.2006
16:40
Office

Last night, I got to know the brother of my sister’s boyfriend, Gino (not his real name of course) and I must say that I truly envy his job. He’s not a doctor, leave that to my brother; he’s not a lawyer, leave that to his sister; he’s a…. (drum roll)… PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER. Yup! You’ve got that right. Gino is a professional blogger.

What exactly is a professional blogger? Well, it was unfortunate that I wasn’t able to interview Gino up close and personal but I got a nutshell description from his brother, Froggie. Out of curiosity, I searched the net too and this is what I got… well, blogging is a high-tech journal writing; a series of publications of thoughts and the like… a professional blogger is someone who gets paid for doing exactly that. Now, ain’t that cool? According to Froggie, Gino is required to write 2 to 3 entries in a day. He’s given a topic to write about and write he will.

Isn’t it fantastic to get paid because of your thoughts to top off the many benefits of being a professional blogger? I’ve heard that he gets to work whenever, just as long as he’s sane and awake and wherever, just as long as there’s a net connection (which means practically anywhere thanks to WiFi and numerous internet cafés). You don’t need to get all dolled up, you can take a break anytime, you could enjoy your favorite shows, there’s no need to beat rush hour, no need to scroll up and down and look so intense infront of the monitor when you’re practically not doing anything, you can snooze off anytime, enjoy 2-hours (or more) lunch breaks, back-pack across Europe, take an ocean adventure in Palau, be in the World Cup… as long as you’ve got your fully charged notebook, an internet connection and a great sense of time! As in WOW!!!

I’m sure there’s also a down-side to it… things I’ve got to really think about since I can’t think of any now. I mean, you’ve got to have a wide range of vocabulary, perfect grammar, imagination, creativity and spunk. After all this is also writing… but to be able to share your thoughts and get paid for that… blissful!

I got inspired just by that to write and keep my blog updated as possible. I know that for me to be a professional blogger, I should be at least a regular blogger. There’s so much to work on really. Expand my vocabulary, know how to get across my audience with the way I write and constantly be on the know-how of almost anything. Ofcourse, Gino does technical stuff too. He does websites and html coding and those stuff but for me, doing your thing at your own time is already a great reward.

We’ll see how things go with me, as to the regular blogging thing. If I could get to place in entries at least once a day, then maybe… just maybe…

No comments: