8.24.2006

House it up!

(picture from Hed Kandi's album cover of the World Series UK)

08.24.2006
10:13
Ofc.

Urghness!!! I’m currently in the process of downloading Paul Thomas’ mix last August 6. FYI, the file is 1 hour and 25 minutes long, that’s 82.99mb of pure house/techno music… bit rate at 192Kbps and I’m being tortured since my office desktop is as fast as traffic along the South Super Highway (south bound) every Friday night! Every minute, I go back to my WMP to check if I’ve finished with it but, I only get another snippet of the whole pie… Just when I start to bob my head the beat stops and I have to wait another minute to wait for another snippet so that I could resume my head bobbing… torture, torture, torture!!!

For those of you who know me, I’m a self confessed house addict. I’ve always been appreciative of all music genre from Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven to the likes of Frankie and Aretha, to Human League and OMD, to a bit of Wolfgang and Kamikaze to Lea Salonga and Andrew Lloyd Webber to Mr. Groban and Bocelli, to the mush of Brickman, the grooves of BEP, the funnies of Parokya to the reflective sounds of Arun Gogna and Don Moen… and I could go on and on and on. But nothing could make my heart race like house music. House in whatever form… progressive, deep house, chillout, electronica.. well for me it’s all house! Hmm… come to think of it… what defines house music… let me check my google for a while…

I’m back. Okay… I got this lengthy read from Wikipedia. The article kindda matches my general description of what I consider house music. It’s basically beats… remixes, new mixes.. whatever… for all of you unfamiliar with house, there’s really no amount of reading that will describe what house is… you’ve got to experience it. (Haha! Promo, promo!) I’d suggest Anton Ramos’ Chillout Project: House Series for beginners. Don’t rush in to the “advance level” right away… it’s an acquired taste… you’d want to start with the head bob before you take in the heart pounding sensation of Deep or Hard house… (I’m really not an expert.. I’m just a constantly emergent addict… those of you experts out there.. help me out here… hehe!)

My like for this kind of music started way back during what I call my clubbing days. I only got to know that I have learned to love it when I started listening to Deep house and Electronica. (My favoritest electronica of all time: Benny Benassi’s The Biz… (where Satisfaction, Able To Love and I Love My Sex came from) I think my WAG’s speakers got busted because of this album… hehe!) I’m really glad that it’s slowly making it’s way to the mainstream specially with Bonnie Bailey’s Ever After (check out January 2004's entry Ever After) rising to no1 in RX 93.1 (and probably other stations) late last year. I’m starting to get more hits when I download too. I guess more and more are getting the hang of drowning in the beats.

Well, I can go on and on raving about house music. It just gives me a special high, transporting me into a dance/beat/”it” zone. Hahaha! It’s a heck of an experience… a note though… just have to say it… you don’t have to take anything to enjoy house. The natural high is the best way to fill the senses. So, turn it up loud, get your spirits high and let your body loose… house it up!!!


No comments: