7.09.2006

Click


(picture copied from www.sonypictures.com)

I just finished watching "Click". It's a movie about a guy (Adam Sandler) who had the privelge of looking and experiencing life according to how he wanted.


It's a no brainer, knowing that Adam Sandler is starring in this movie, it is a comedy. Inspite being a comedy though, I can't help but to shed some tears as the movie was coming to an end. The story line struck me hard and made me think about how I'm choosing to live my life.

Just last week I told my officemate that even if I was living each day at a time, I feel that I'm living and exisitng for no specific purpose. I get up at 6 to shower, get all dressed up, traverse traffic along EDSA, try to swipe in at 8, do the usual support, complain, work, converse, swipe out hopefully by 5 or 6, spend QT with Mojacko, drive back home, shower and tuck myself in by 11. I get some sleep and wake up to another day with the same routine. Sometimes when life gets too bi*chy for me, I just want to rush things (as if time isn't fast enough) and get it over with. I guess it's a form of an escape for me because reality doesn't really compromise with my sense of idealism. Life moves and when it hits, it hits hard and if you're not prepared, instinct makes me retreat. My form of retreat is to close my eyes and just let it pass. Though it does at times, the most critical thing that I close my eyes to is the experience. I try to let it pass, I fast forward things.. lots of things that when I finally set myself to normal play mode, I've missed a hundred episodes in my life that I could never get back to and all I could do is to wish that I should have never pressed that button.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
It's such a coincidence that when I opened my messenger, a friend left this note for me:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back


Thanks bobby, for the reminder! =)



No comments: