8.24.2010

Chasing Dreams


08.23.2010
17:06
SCC

Okay, I am again using company time to write down my entry… critics, kill me! :P

Another run through of emotions are coming over me.  Where do I begin?  Hmmm… (thoughts are now punishing me with: if only I update my blog regularly, things would be easier.  But, as it is, I don’t so, I am forced to summon a flash back let’s go back to where it sparked anew..

>>>>>>>>>>>> 

JUMPSTART
It was May of this year when I received an sms from my friend’s sister, whom I shall call Baby girl in this blog.  She usually sends me an invitation to do catering jobs for her projects which is why it came as a surprise when her message came as a casting call for a film that she was producing.  It took me a minute to get my thoughts together while butterflies began swirling in my tummy (as hard as it is to believe, I have attacks of stage fright).  I replied with the inquiry on the audition details.  Her next message was a shocker… there wasn’t going to be any auditions for the part because it was already mine!  She called me up and explained that it was going to be an indie film and her only concern is that if I was okay to do a sex-comedy.  I only needed one clearance, from my husband of course, when he gave me the go signal everything came in so fast that the next thing I saw myself in was the initial meeting and reading with the director.


FILMING
That first meeting sealed my position for the role.  Being a novice in the film industry, I had to carefully observe everybody around me, from my director to my co-actors to the staff and production crew.  As told by Baby girl, who was as I mentioned, the producer of the film, even if this was an indie film, her approach was that of a full production.  She got professionals to work for this film and it was indeed fortunate that I had the chance to work with them for my initial film experience.  

Yes, it was different from theater.  Heck, it was a turn around from the usual theater musical ala wonderland that I was so used to.  But I took in 101% of that experience and stored it in my FILMING box where all that I’ve placed in seemed to be jiggling still because of the abundance of space.  There were hitches I’m sure, no production (theater or film… or tv) is without them but they were too “in detail” for me to notice.  I was savoring each moment, even my own boo-boos, for reality is, this was my first but it could also be my last.

To be continued…

No comments: